Invisalign Evaluation: Is Invisalign Right For You?
A question I am often asked in a new patient consultation is, “Am I an Invisalign candidate?” As simple as this question may seem, the answer is not always a simple yes or no. Before answering this question, I often ask the patient a series of questions, which will help me determine if the patient would be a good Invisalign candidate. These questions are:
- How important is an esthetic option during your orthodontic treatment?
- Does your lifestyle allow you to wear Invisalign trays 22 hours a day?
- What are your goals for treatment?
- Would you be willing to sacrifice an “ideal result” for an “improved result” if you choose Invisalign over traditional braces?
The answers to these questions, along with a thorough clinical examination, will allow me to determine if you are a good Invisalign candidate.
What Does Dr. Fishbein Look For In An Invisalign Candidate?
Although every smile is different, there are certain key factors that determine if you are an ideal Invisalign candidate. Generally speaking, for an optimal Invisalign result, your teeth should fit the following criteria:
- Normal Overbite
- Under 4mm of crowding per arch
- Under 6mm of generalized spacing per arch
- “Mature Patient”
- Favorably shaped teeth (For grab factor)
- Motivated Patient
Some of these points may have orthodontic terminology that is a bit confusing, but I am eager to explain it all during an initial evaluation. Let’s find out if Invisalign Aligners are the perfect fit for you!
Come Visit Us Soon!
Don’t fit these criteria but still want Invisalign? We may still be able to help. Contact us today and let’s talk about your orthodontic goals and treatment needs. We have treated many patients with Invisalign at Fishbein Orthodontics, and are proud to be Invisalign Preferred Providers. Have additional questions about Invisalign? Email me your Invisalign questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to meeting you at your first visit with us!